Who doesn’t love a dramatic before and after picture? After all, a picture is worth 1,000 words! As carpet cleaners, we have seen some doozies. From carpet stains to water damage, these before and after pictures are among our best. We hope it inspires you to take a look at your home and start your own before and after story. Hint: It ends with hiring a professional cleaner like A-Team Carpet Clean to deep clean your home!
As Independence Day nears, we are feeling very patriotic at A-Team Carpet Clean. We would like to share our favorite red, white, and blue stain removals and color restorations that we’ve done over the years. Different techniques were used in removing each stain pictured below including stain removal, color restoration, and carpet repair.
You might be wondering what the difference is between stain removal and color restoration:
- Stain Removal – Some stains can be removed by a professional carpet cleaning with an additional spot treatment applied to the stain before and after cleaning. Check out our blog to help hire a true professional, How to Hire a Good Carpet Cleaner.
- Color Restoration – If your carpet has been discolored by a set-in stain or harsh chemical such as bleach, carpet color restoration can help you restore your carpet’s hue. Small spots treated with color restoration are very hard to detect, and the process is less expensive than replacing your entire carpet. Sometimes it may involve replacing a small section of the carpet with a new piece as seen in some of the color restoration pictures below.
Red Stain Removal Before and After:
White Stain Removal Before and After:
Blue Stain Removal Before and After:
Please visit ateamcarpetclean.com for more information about stain removal or color restoration or to schedule carpet cleaning for residents and businesses in Lawton, Oklahoma and surrounding areas. We hope you all have a fun and safe 4th of July!
Permanent Change of Station (PCS) move-out season is here for military families, which is typically from the end of May to the beginning of September because the military tends to try to have the families move after school is out for the summer. This can be an exciting time but also requires lots of planning to move out of your home and into another. Since we have Fort Sill Military Base in our city of Lawton, Oklahoma, we have the privilege of assisting military families with offering our deep cleaning services with their homes in preparation of moving out, so we’d like to pass on some tips that we’ve learned along the way.
Concerning deep-cleaning of your home and deposits, there are 2 different ways to go about the move out process with Corvias Military Living in Fort Sill Lawton, Oklahoma:
Option #1– A tenant does nothing and just has Corvias take care of everything related to cleaning and repairs before moving out for one lump sum. We do not know what their policy is in regards to giving deposits back or if they even have to put down a deposit when living on base, but we bring it up so tenants are aware to ask about deposit policies, especially with Voluntary Intra-Base Moves and Off-Post Moves where the service member is responsible for all costs related to moving.
Option #2 –If you choose to take care of the deep-cleaning process of your home in order to move out and ensure your deposit is returned, then follow this helpful checklist:
- The tenant on Ft. Sill would get their PCS date.
- Next they would schedule for a moving company to come and pack and/or get their belongings to be shipped to the new base.
- Then the tenant would try to fix any damages accrued from pets, children, etc.
- Then the tenant would perform what is called “a move out clean” on the property. For a complete list of what this entails, visit the Corvias Move-Out Guide.
- Then after the “move out clean” is done, if needed the tenant would have A-Team Carpet Clean come out to the property to take care of multiple services for them with a military discount applied:
- Clean floor tile and grout
- Stretch the carpet if there are ripples in the carpet
- Repair any damages to the carpet
- Perform a Basic Cleaning or Deep Cleaning to all carpet in the house
- Remove any red stains (RED REMOVAL PROCESS) that did not come out with the original cleaning & spot treatment
- Dye (COLOR CORRECTION) any areas on the carpet that have been bleached out from cleaners or spills
- Provide the tenant/customer with a receipt via email after payment
- Make sure the tenant/customer is happy with their services
With the second option, the tenant can shop around for vendors and choose what they are going to spend for a service if the service is needed. We hope you find our PCS move-out season tips helpful. All of us at A-Team Carpet Clean would like to thank all active and retired military for their service to our country!
How do I remove this stain from my area rug? As professional carpet cleaners in Lawton, Oklahoma we get asked this question frequently. After trying probably every over-the-counter stain remover on the market, we have found a couple of DIY stain removal tips to try before spending your money on cleaners that don’t work or calling a professional carpet and rug cleaner. Sometimes a stain will come out easily, and sometimes professional cleaning services may be needed – all stains and area rugs are different!
DIY Stain Removal for Rugs:
- VERY IMPORTANT – Before starting, make sure the rug is not a high end oriental rug as it may bleed. Check the tab. Click here for a good article giving 3 signs of a quality oriental rug.
- Mix 32 oz. of water to 1 tablespoon of Dawn liquid detergent. Mix well and put in spray bottle. (If it’s an oil-based stain the Dawn should help out.)
- Spray enough to saturate the affected area.
- Lightly agitate and dab a little bit to smear the area.
- Allow it to sit for 5 minutes.
- Now extract with water and wet/dry ShopVac. Do not use a regular vacuum!
- If the stain comes up all the way, place a fan to dry the area. If not, repeat process one more time.
- If the stain is still there we recommend contacting your local professional carpet and rug cleaner. Upon inspection they should be able to give you a good idea if the stain is even removable or not.
Seem like too many steps? We agree. Make it easier on yourself and use our Spot Out Spot Remover instead! Not only is it safe for carpets, pets, and people, it’s ready to use with no rinsing required, plus it’s residue-free. Spot Out is so effective that one application may be all you need to remove any carpet, rug, or upholstery stain. Just spot, dab, dry, and you’re done! Click here to learn more or to place an order for A-Team Carpet Clean’s Spot Out Stain Remover.
As a long-time resident of Lawton, Oklahoma, I know how important it is to find a business where you trust to spend your hard-earned money. As a small business owner I know the importance of supporting our city by shopping local. Over the years, my wife and I have developed working relationships with local folks that are trustworthy, hard-working, and dependable. We hope this local guide to Lawton, Oklahoma will help you on your journey in finding the best-of-the-best in our awesome city – from our perspective at least. Did we forget anyone? Please Contact Us to let us know about your favorite local businesses in Lawton, Oklahoma. If you happen to use any of our recommendations, tell ’em Chris & Krystal Collins of A-Team Carpet Clean sent you!
Best Flower Shop: A Better Design of Lawton (ask for Joann)
Best Salon: The Fringe Salon
Best Daycare: Children of Joy Learning Academy
Best Fresh Homemade Pizza: Fat Boys Pizza
Best Mexican Restaurant: Salas Urban Cantina
Best Burgers: Back Porch Drafthouse
Best Car Hop: Wayne’s Drive Inn
Best Event Rentals: Party Productions
Best Veterinarian: Midtown Animal Hospital
Best Commercial Refrigeration: Carl’s Commercial Refrigeration (ask for Guy)
Best Moving Company: Coleman Moving (ask for Danny)
Best Property Management Companies:
Best Landscaping: 4D Lawn & Landscape
Best Pest Control: Environmental Pest Control
Best Tire Shop: Kasey’s Tire & Auto
Best Internet, Cable, & Phone Service: Hilliary Communications
As a professional carpet cleaner, I am asked quite regularly which vacuum cleaner is best, so I try to stay on top of the top vacuum styles, their key features, and details about what type of cleaning is best suited for each one. I’ve done a little research for you in the large variety of vacuum cleaners available nowadays and will also give you my personal recommendation.
If you search for the best vacuum cleaner on Google, you will get tons of information thrown your way. I have weeded through the many articles and blogs in order to share with you the best and most accurate information I could find. I also put together a blog that lists the best rated vacuums on the internet. Here are the links to my favorite ones:
How to Buy a Vacuum Cleaner in 2017: This article is a complete buying guide that breaks down the different models of vacuum cleaners so you will know which type is best for your home.
Best Rated Vacuum Cleaners of 2017: I did a little research for you to find the best rated vacuum cleaners for carpets in 2017 according to reviews on amazon.com, reviews.com, and consumerreports.org.
Best Vacuums for Allergy Sufferers: 6 picks for the best vacuum cleaners for allergy sufferers from Consumer Reports’ after testing of a variety of brands and models in July 2017.
My personal preference is the Shark vacuum. We have a toddler and pets so our vacuum cleaners are regularly used. They run around $159-$200 and have a five year warranty that I have used twice. We have four sharks in different models, and when one breaks I call the company and they send me a new head or part. Customer service is great and the longevity is valuable.
I also recommend having your carpet professionally cleaned every 12 to 18 months to remove embedded soil. A-Team Carpet Clean of Lawton, OK recommends daily vacuuming as the most important cleaning activity to extend the life of your carpet and enjoy a clean, healthy home.
I hope my tips and research help you navigate through the world of vacuum cleaners!
Tragedy has struck the A-Team, we have lost our co-worker and friend.
Laura Jean Bush, age 38, passed away on Wednesday October 4th, 2017 at home from unexpected medical complications in Lawton, Oklahoma. Our hearts are filled with sorrow as we try to cope with this loss. Please pray for the family and friends of Laura and especially her young son Kobe during this incredibly difficult time. Here is a sweet tribute to Laura given from Chris Collins, owner of A-Team Carpet Clean:
“Laura started off as a part-time fill-in back in 2016. She quickly developed a relationship with our customers and I asked her to take over full-time. Laura would make mistakes but always owned and strived to correct them and would keep moving forward. Laura was always on time and a team player, caring, thoughtful, understanding, a solid, great person. She became an extension of my right hand and with her back ground she understood what needed to be done. I could depend on her to be there for us no matter what.
We have been forced to move forward in life without her. I keep a picture of her in my truck so when times get tough I tend to turn to her picture and say a few words to visit and for some reason I feel happier. Maybe knowing someway, somehow my right hand is still around and she hasn’t left me. This picture and others I have around give me a sense of happiness. Laura was that type of person. A person that you could be around and just enjoy a true friendship and conversation with. She is truly missed and loved, but I know she will always be with me.” ~ Chris Collins
Thanks to a supportive group of great people, the family was able to raise $7,760 for her son Kobe through a gofundme account: https://www.gofundme.com/kobe-bush. We would like to thank our supportive clients who have been so understanding.
Here is a link to her obituary, may our friend rest in peace: http://www.whineryhuddleston.com/obituary/laura-bush?lud=9347A956EC43F0D251FF156D313A2614
We know there are many options to choose from for carpet cleaning in Lawton, Oklahoma. We want to be your ONLY option, so here are 5 reasons why A Team Carpet Clean is the best carpet cleaning company in Comanche County!
- Best rated – We are honored to have the most 5-star reviews and be the best rated carpet cleaners in Lawton, Oklahoma according to Google, Yelp, and Facebook! If you would like to submit a review or read what others have to say about their experiences with us, please visit the Reviews page of our website:
- Locally owned – We are proud to be locally owned and operated since 2009 by long-time Lawton residents Chris & Krystal Collins. Know that your hard-earned money stays right here in Lawton, Oklahoma instead of a corporate office in another state.
- Experienced – Our team has a combined 40 years of experience in the carpet cleaning industry! Our technicians are highly trained, insured, and certified by the IICRC. Visit the Our Team page of our website to learn more about the A-Team, and feel safe knowing one of us will be cleaning your home, and not a stranger.
- Expertise – In addition to experience and training, we are the Home Cleaning Expert for Expert Beacon and were recently named the Carpet Cleaning & Water Restoration Expert Connection for KSWO Channel 7 News of Lawton! Click here to visit owner Chris Collin’s page on Expert Beacon, and stay tuned for the launch of our new expert connection page on KSWO’s website.
- Convenience – We offer a wide range of professional cleaning services including carpet cleaning, carpet repair, upholstery cleaning, tile and grout cleaning, and 24-hour emergency water extraction and water damage repair. Plus it’s super easy to schedule an appointment with us! If you are a returning customer, just visit the Return Customers page on our website to schedule your appointment online. If you are a new customer please call, email, or direct message us on social media and our team will be in touch with you within 24 hours. Visit the Contact page of our website for our digits and such. Thank you!