As professional carpet cleaners, we know how important it is for your home to be clean and healthy. A healthy home starts from the ground up with clean carpet. Research shows that properly maintained carpet promotes improved indoor air quality for you and your family. In addition to having your carpet professionally cleaned every 12 to 18 months to remove embedded soil, we recommend daily vacuuming as the most important cleaning activity to extend the life of your carpet and enjoy a clean, healthy home.
There are many blogs and articles about reasons why you should replace your carpet. We find that a few of these reasons can be fixed instead of replaced, which saves the homeowner lots of money! Here are 3 things you should consider hiring a professional to do first before paying a lot more to replace the carpet in an entire room or home.
- Carpet Repair – So your carpet is ripped, burned, or bleached? Many professionals like us are able to repair a patch of your carpet to look like brand new again. Carpet repairs in Lawton, Oklahoma are incredibly more affordable than having new carpet installed. We recently saved this homeowner from replacing the carpet in a section of their home:
- Deep-cleaning and/or Stain Removal – There are many times that carpet appears to be so dirty and stained that it can’t be saved. With the correct cleaning agents, equipment, and expertise, the right professional carpet cleaner will be able to deep clean your carpet back to new again! A picture is worth a thousand words, so here is a recent job we did showing stain removal and carpet cleaning before and after results:
- Pet Odor and Urine Stain Removal – One of the top reasons for replacing carpet in homes is odor, usually from pet stains. Dog urine stains and odors are very difficult to remove. As you can see from the image below, stains typically stay in your carpet even when it appears to be clean. Most professional carpet cleaners offer pet odor and stain removal services and/or DIY cleaning products. In order to remove urine stains and odor, it takes a different cleaning agent and a more vigorous cleaning process. Some pet stains are set in too deep for too long to remove them completely.
Hopefully these tips save you a little money now or in the future. If you have any questions concerning carpet services, please don’t hesitate to contact us!
This Veteran’s Day and always, A-Team Carpet Clean salutes all current and former military personnel and family members of active duty, reserves, guard, and retirees. We offer a military discount with all of our cleaning services – a small thank you for your service!
Lawton, Oklahoma is home to Fort Sill, which is one of the best training posts in the Army according to military.com. We are honored to say that we have many soldiers as customers and look forward to being able to assist them with their cleaning needs, especially during PCS moves. Here’s what a couple of soldiers had to say about us on Facebook & Google:
- Change of Season – The best time to have your carpet cleaned is between seasons, especially after “dirty” ones like summer. Fall will be here shortly, so this month is the perfect time to hire a professional to deep clean your carpet.
- Back To School – Your kids and pets have been tracking in dirt and grime during the summer break. Once they return to school, it’s time to give your carpet a professional deep cleaning to be ready for the evenings spent doing homework on the floor.
- Carpet Warranty – Most carpet manufacturers require regular professional cleanings in order to maintain the warranty. Now is the time to check yours and make sure you are on schedule!
“Maintain your carpet according to Mohawk requirements including having a minimum of one (1) professional cleaning every 18 months using cleaning products, equipment, systems and services specified/certified with the CRI Seal of Approval. (Visit www.carpet-rug.org for a complete list of certified products.) You must show proof of cleanings in the form of a bill, invoice or statement for cleaning services.” – quoted from the downloadable brochure located on the Carpet Warranty page of MohawkFlooring.com
In addition to these 3 reasons, the most important reason is for cleanliness and good health. Research shows that properly maintained carpet promotes improved indoor air quality for you and your family. Your carpet acts as a sponge capturing unwanted dust, soil, pollen, dander, food particles, and a host of other contaminants.
As professional carpet cleaners we agree with the IICRC and recommend that carpets be cleaned a minimum of every 12 or 18 months, before it shows soiling. Contact us for more information or to schedule a carpet cleaning for your home or business within Comanche County of Oklahoma.